Connect with us

General

Carbon monoxide poisons 22 family members overnight


ALLEGE L.EC ALEX: PARAMEDICS HAD TO RUSH THAT FAMILY ACROSS TOWN BECAUSE THE MED CENTER HAS A HYPERBARIC CHAMBER. THIS IS FILE VIDEO OF THE PIEEC OF EQUIPMENT THAT EXACTSTR CARBON MONOXIDE FROM THE BODY AND RESTORES ITS OXYGEN LEVE. OMAHA FIREFIGHTERS AND OERTH AGENCIES HAD TO TRANSFER 21 PEOPLE HERE FROM CHI IMMANUE TL GET ACCESS TO THAT TREATMENT.A F SIGNIFICANT LANGUAGE BARRIER AND REQUIRED INTERPRETERS BECAUSE THIS FAMILY IS FROM BURMA. NOW KNOWN AS MYANMAR AS ITS CITIZENS ESCAPE OPPRESSION. BUT INVESTIGATORS SAY THEY FOUND DEADLY LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXI INSIDE THEIR IRVINGTON HOME. WE’RE STILL WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT THE STATUS OF THOSE FAMILY MEMBS.ER IT’S AN UNFORTUNATE REMINDER THAT CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS SAVE L

Carbon monoxide poisons 22 family members overnight

Multiple agencies rushed family members to hyperbaric treatment at Nebraska Medicine.

Carbon monoxide poisoned 22 family members inside an Irvington home late Tuesday night.The family showed toxic levels of carbon monoxide poisoning when they walked in at CHI Health Immanuel hospital, according to the Omaha Fire Department. Firefighters from multiple agencies then rushed 21 to Nebraska Medicine for hyperbaric treatment. One stayed at Immanuel hospital.Investigators found toxic levels of carbon monoxide inside the family’s home near 87th and Read streets. Officials say the family is from Burma, also known as Myanmar, and has babies and children.”Douglas County units, Ponca Hills, Irvington, Children’s Hospital, Omaha Fire, Immanuel, and UNMC all worked together for the best interest of these people,” captain David Kirchhofer said.A hyperbaric chamber uses pressurized oxygen to extract carbon monoxide from the body, according to the Omaha Fire Department.The Omaha Fire Department calls this a reminder that carbon monoxide detectors save lives.KETV reached out to officials for the status of family members receiving treatment.

Carbon monoxide poisoned 22 family members inside an Irvington home late Tuesday night.

The family showed toxic levels of carbon monoxide poisoning when they walked in at CHI Health Immanuel hospital, according to the Omaha Fire Department. Firefighters from multiple agencies then rushed 21 to Nebraska Medicine for hyperbaric treatment. One stayed at Immanuel hospital.

Investigators found toxic levels of carbon monoxide inside the family’s home near 87th and Read streets. Officials say the family is from Burma, also known as Myanmar, and has babies and children.

“Douglas County units, Ponca Hills, Irvington, Children’s Hospital, Omaha Fire, Immanuel, and UNMC all worked together for the best interest of these people,” captain David Kirchhofer said.

A hyperbaric chamber uses pressurized oxygen to extract carbon monoxide from the body, according to the Omaha Fire Department.

The Omaha Fire Department calls this a reminder that carbon monoxide detectors save lives.

KETV reached out to officials for the status of family members receiving treatment.

Copyright © 2020 AMSNBC News